Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Srimati Tulasi Devi

Last week we acquired a Tulasi plant in our house. I chose her from a row of "retired" Tulasi plants behind the temple room (retired only meaning ones that weren't used for offering to the deities anymore), and for some reason I liked the one that had a small broken branch, and had been "bandaged" and tied up with a silk yellow ribbon.

Yesterday I sprinkled her with a light layer of haldi powder - apparently this helps to keep away any diseases - and left her out on the balcony to enjoy the days sun. This morning Ishaan went out to the balcony to eat his breakfast and after a few minutes called out to me - "Tulasi is just beautiful with turmeric all over her isn't she, she has yellow powder on her and she just looks so beautiful mama."

I agree. She is so beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment