Monday, October 24, 2011

A simple prayer

Okay so for a few weeks now I've had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that in less than 5 months, I'll be back in New Zealand. I don't care to think about that too much, and I've kind of been avoiding facing the reality of that.

This morning one of my close friends asked me that if given the chance, would I stay in Mayapur forever? I answered straight away without thinking and without any hesitation. "Forever". And then I thought back to all the fleeting moments here in Mayapur, where I was genuinely happy to be right there.... making earrings for Radharani and the sakhis, signing up for the basic deity worship course and the cooking classes, working on the floor layout and marble placement for the new temple, singing the damodarastakam prayers and offering a lamp, sitting and laughing together in a room with my friends enjoying Jagannath maha-prasad... the list in endless... and I realised I just don't want to to leave.

I really do think that if I had the opportunity, I would live in Mayapur for as long as I could, as long as Sri Sri Radha Madhava allow me to be here. The longer I stay here, the more I grow attached to this place and the more I don't want to leave.

Radha Madhava are you listening? Gauranga Mahaprabhu you are so merciful and can deliver the most fallen of souls... that makes me a perfect candidate to deliver. Let me be here and continue to serve You in whatever small way possible. That is my only wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment