Monday, August 29, 2011

Cooking for Sri Radha

Original painting by Yasoda Dulal das (my father)

I saw somewhere recently (probably facebook) where a devotee cooked a 51-prep offering for their istha-dev for Janmastami this year. And so it got me thinking...

Radhastami is fast approaching and seeing as this is my all time most favorite ever in the whole wide world nothing beats it festival of the year, perhaps I could do something similar? Ok so maybe not 51 preps, but something manageable, 21 maybe? Whats the right amount? Is there a right and wrong amount of preparations one can make for the deity? hmmm that might be one I'll need to look up in Pancharatna Pradip.

In any case a menu must be made (would definitely appreciate some ideas for dishes and preps!), ingredients bought, recipes sought out. And of course recipients of the prasad chosen........


No comments:

Post a Comment